A Monkey Named Sunshine Jones And His Rice And Gravy

©Renee 2012

Another second time around for this post, we resume the adventures of that silly monkey called Sunshine Jones, and his quest for his rice and gravy.

Does he know monkey music or Susan Rice ? Maybe he went to Rice University….they have gravy there too. A perfect place for Jones.

I am sending Sunshine a book and it is about vampires. Silly Jones the monkey, he is a moving target, and is so hard to keep up with.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to A Monkey Named Sunshine Jones And His Rice And Gravy

  1. Renee says:



    Obama’s UN Nominee Thwarted Efforts to Capture Bin Laden
    By DCconservati | Posted December 3, 2008 | Silver Spring, Maryland

    President-Elect Barack Obama has picked Dr. Susan Rice to be the new United Nations Ambassador. Rice served as Bill Clinton’s Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs and later worked as foreign policy advisor to John Kerry and John Edwards during their 2004 presidential campaign. Terrorism experts blame Rice for having played a key role in blocking efforts to neutralize Osama bin Laden in the 1990s. According to Mansoor Ijaz, a former trouble shooter for Clinton, the FBI had their efforts to capture bin Laden “overruled every single time by the State Department, by Susan Rice and her cronies, who were hell-bent on destroying the Sudan.” In a Washington Post Op-Ed published in 2002, Mansoor Ijaz and Tim Carney, U.S. Ambassador to Sudan blamed Susan Rice for being a major obstacle to accepting offers of help from Sudan and to share their intelligence on bin Laden’s terror network. Rice was also influential in the Clinton Administration’s remaining uninvolved in the Rwandan genocide that took place in that nation in 1994. The Atlantic (September 2001) published an article by Samantha Power titled: “Bystanders to Genocide,” and outlined Rice’s role in the do-nothing policy of the Clinton Administration. At one point during debate on what the Administration should do, Rice said: “If we use the word ‘genocide’ and are seen as doing nothing, what will be the effect on the Novembercongressional election?” Those present were stunned by her comment. Lt. Colonel Tony Marley remembers the statement: “We could believe that people would wonder that, but not that they would actually voice it.” Rice claimed that if she did make this statement it was inappropriate. (Samantha Power is currently on Obama’s transition team to review State Department policies and employees. She was booted from the campaign earlier for having called Hillary Clinton a “monster.”) “Susan Rice’s appointment as U.N. Ambassador sends a clear signal to United Nations lovers that the Obama Administration will be kowtowing to the wishes of this corrupt international organization,” said TVC Executive Director Andrea Lafferty. “Rice is viewed by one-world advocates as a positive sign that Obama will submit to U.N. edicts.”http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=3483

    Archive article


    From the NewsMax.com Staff
    For the story behind the story…

    Thursday, July 29, 2004 1:20 p.m. EDT
    Another Clinton Terror War Bungler in Key Kerry Post

    Another ex-Clinton official who played a leading role in bungling efforts to capture and/or neutralize Osama bin Laden has turned up in a key advisory position with the Kerry campaign.

    Susan Rice, who served as President Clinton’s Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, had earlier been tapped by Gov. Howard Dean’s anti-war campaign.

    This week, however, Rice emerged as a foreign policy advisor to the Kerry Edwards campaign, which is still reeling from revelations that another key advisor, former Clinton national security chief Sandy Berger, had stolen national security secrets.

    Rice is also acting as the campaign’s designated apologist for former ambassador Joe Wilson, the Kerry advisor whose claims that “Bush lied” about Iraq uranium were exposed as bogus by the Senate Intelligence Committee two weeks ago.

    “As far as I know, we have no reason to believe that Mr. Wilson’s words and deeds were not as he spoke them,” Rice told reporters this week. “I have great respect for his integrity.”

    The same can’t be said of Rice, however, at least according to several of her former colleagues, who say she deserves a hefty portion of blame for the fact that Osama bin Laden wasn’t neutralized during the 1990s.

    “The FBI, in 1996 and 1997, had their efforts to look at terrorism data and deal with the bin Laden issue overruled every single time by the State Department, by Susan Rice and her cronies, who were hell-bent on destroying the Sudan,” one-time Clinton diplomatic troubleshooter Mansoor Ijaz told radio host Sean Hannity in 2002.

    Richard Miniter, author of the book “Losing bin Laden,” concurred, saying Rice played a key role in scuttling the deal that could have prevented the 9/11 attacks on New York and Washington.

    In November 2003, Miniter told World Magazine that while Sudan was anxious to turn bin Laden over to the U.S., Rice – then a member of Clinton’s National Security Council – questioned Khartoum’s credibility.

    “Rice [cited] the suffering of Christians [in Sudan] as one reason that she doubted the integrity of the Sudanese offers,” said Miniter. “But her analysis largely overlooked the view of U.S. Ambassador to Sudan Tim Carney, who argued for calling Khartoum’s bluff.”

    According to Miniter, Carney argued that the Clinton White House should “accept their offer of Mr. bin Laden and see if the National Islamic Front actually hands him over.”

    If Sudan complied, “we would have taken a major terrorist off the streets,” he said. If they didn’t, “the civilized world will see that, once again, Sudan’s critics are proven right.”

    In a 2002 Washington Post op-ed piece co-authored with Ijaz, former ambassador Carney described Sen. Kerry’s new adviser as a major obstacle to accepting offers from Sudan to share intelligence on bin Laden’s terrorist network.

    In April 1997, they said, Sudan dropped its demand that Washington lift sanctions in exchange for terrorism cooperation.

    “Sudan’s policy shift sparked a debate at the State Department, where foreign service officers believed the United States should reengage Khartoum. By the end of summer 1997, [those officers] persuaded incoming Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to let at least some diplomatic staff return to Sudan to press for a resolution of the civil war and pursue offers to cooperate on terrorism.

    “Two individuals, however, disagreed. NSC terrorism specialist Richard Clarke and NSC Africa specialist Susan Rice, who was about to become assistant secretary of State for African affairs.”

    Rice and Clarke persuaded Clinton National Security Advisor Sandy Berger to overrule Albright on the Sudanese terrorism overtures, said Ijaz and Carney.

    Still, Sudan made yet another attempt to share intelligence on bin Laden and al-Qaida with the White House, repeating the unconditional offer to hand over terrorism data to the FBI in a February 1998 letter addressed directly to Middle East and North Africa special agent-in-charge David Williams.

    “But the White House and Susan Rice objected,” wrote Ijaz and Carney. “On June 24, 1998, Williams wrote to Mahdi, saying he was ‘not in a position to accept your kind offer.'”

    U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were destroyed by bin Laden six weeks later, in a suicide bombing attack that killed 253.

  2. Renee says:

    Burroughs was born on September 1, 1875, in Chicago, Illinois (he later lived for many years in the suburb of Oak Park), the fourth son of businessman and Civil War veteran Major George Tyler Burroughs (1833–1913) and his wife Mary Evaline (Zieger) Burroughs (1840–1920). His middle name is from his paternal grandmother, Mary Rice Burroughs (1802-ca. 1870).[1][2][3]

    Burroughs was educated at a number of local schools, and during the Chicago influenza epidemic in 1891, he spent a half year at his brother’s ranch on the Raft River in Idaho. He then attended the Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts, and then the Michigan Military Academy. Graduating in 1895, and failing the entrance exam for the United States Military Academy (West Point), he ended up as an enlisted soldier with the 7th U.S. Cavalry in Fort Grant, Arizona Territory. After being diagnosed with a heart problem and thus found ineligible to serve, he was discharged in 1897.[4]

    Bookplate of Edgar Rice Burroughs showing Tarzan holding the planet Mars, surrounded by other characters from Burroughs’ stories and symbols relating to his personal interests and career
    Typsescript letter, with Tarzana Ranch letterhead, from Edgar Rice Burroughs to Ruthven Deane, explaining the design and significance of his bookplateSome seemingly unrelated short jobs followed. Some drifting and ranch work followed in Idaho. Then, Burroughs found work at his father’s firm in 1899. He married childhood sweetheart Emma Hulbert in January 1900. In 1904 he left his job and found less regular work; some in Idaho, later in Chicago.[5]

    By 1911, after seven years of low wages, he was working as a pencil sharpener wholesaler and began to write fiction. By this time Burroughs and Emma had two children, Joan (1908–1972), who would later marry Tarzan film actor James Pierce, and Hulbert (1909–1991).[6] During this period, he had copious spare time and he began reading many pulp fiction magazines. In 1929 he recalled thinking that…….

    Pond’s Cream was invented in the United States as a medicine by scientist Theron T. Pond (1800–1852) in 1846. Mr. Pond extracted a healing tea from witch hazel, with which he discovered he could heal small cuts and other ailments. The product was named “Golden Treasure.” After Theron died, it would be known as “Pond’s Extract.” [1][2]

    In 1846, the “T.T. Pond Company” was formed, with Pond and other business people as investors. Theron Pond’s health was failing, however, so he sold his portion of the company soon after, and he died in 1852.

    The company then moved to Connecticut and later to New York City.

    In 1886, Pond’s began to advertise nationally. They would, however, advertise under the name of Pond’s Healing until 1910.

    By the twentieth century, the company’s main strategy was geared towards selling cosmetics products, and so the “Pond’s Vanishing Cream” and the “Pond’s Cold Cream” were created, marking the entrance of Pond’s products into the facial care industry. Today Ponds is sold around the world. Its strengths are in Spain, India, Japan and Thailand.

    [edit] The 1910sBy 1910, Pond’s was a well established brand among Americans. Concentrating mostly on their vanishing cream, the Pond’s company began an ad campaign that would become notorious because of the celebrities involved in it. “Pond’s Healing” took a back seat to “Pond’s Vanishing Cream”, as “Pond’s Healing” and “Pond’s Cold Cream” would be announced in small print under the “Pond’s Vanishing Cream” advertisements.[2]

    By 1914, mentions of “Pond’s Healing” were taken off the ads, and the Pond’s company began to advertise “Pond’s Vanishing Cream” and “Pond’s Cold Cream” together, making sure to explain each cream’s different purposes on the new ads. One particular ad line read “Every normal skin needs these two creams”.

    As a result of the new campaign, “Pond’s Vanishing Cream” had a 60% increase in sales during 1915, and “Pond’s Cold Cream” had a 27% increase.[citation needed]

    [edit] The 1920s
    The face of Marie of Romania became famous in ads for Pond’s Hand Creams in the late 1920sBy 1922, sales of the products had gone down, as many believed that such an easily available product could not perform as well as other, “designer” products. Because of this, the Pond’s Company then targeted Royalty, politicians and people of high class stature to become advertisers for the company. In addition, these ads were printed in magazines such as Vogue and others, to give customers a feeling that they really were getting a quality product for a fair price.

    In 1923, Queen Marie of Romania visited the United States, and she enjoyed the product so much that in 1925 she wrote to the Pond’s Company requesting more supplies. Her letter was, in turn, used for advertisement, and Her Majesty joined the list of celebrities who had previously sponsored the products.

    Around the time of Queen Marie’s visit to the United States, the Pond’s Company began to place samples of their products at their magazine ads, and the characters of “Peter” and “Polly Ponds” were created, as part of their campaign to entice normal people into buying their cream again. The marketing strategies proved successful, as sales of the Pond’s facial creams went up again.

    “Peter” and “Polly Ponds” disappeared from the company’s ad campaigns after 1925.

    [edit] The 1930sDuring the Depression Era of the 1930s, the company’s business slowed down somewhat. However, the Pond’s company expanded slowly, adding Face Powder and Angel Face products.

    [edit] First mergerPond’s Company was merged in 1955 with the Chesebrough Manufacturing Company, which had a good percentage of brands in the facial care field. With this merger, “Pond’s Creams” would become sisters with the Cutex nail polish brand and the Matchabelli perfumes.[1][2]

    With the Chesebrough Manufacturing Company in command, “Pond’s Creams” became available at many supermarkets across the United States. The creams’ bottles consisted of small, glass bottles with a round cap.[2] The bottles could be recognized by their distinctive colors, usually in green, blue or white. That bottle design is still in use by the Pond’s brand.

    [edit] Second mergerIn 1987, the Chesebrough Manufacturing Company by most known as “Chesebrough-Ponds”, was acquired by Anglo-Dutch company Unilever, giving “Pond’s Creams” a more international reach.[1] Then 14% of the company was subsequently traded privately to Bhosle Group of Industries for an undisclosed amount of money.

    • Renee says:

      Burroughs ?
      Stacy Barcroft Lloyd, Jr. (July 8, 1908 – 1989) was a businessman, horse breeder, dairy cattle farmer and yachtsman. He was the founder of the equestrian journal Chronicle of the Horse.

      Lloyd was born on July 8, 1908 at Ardmore, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The Lloyd family were of a prestigious social background dating to the time of William Penn in Philadelphia. Stacy Barcroft Lloyd, Sr. was a banker, the President of the Philadelphia Savings Fund Society. His mother was Eleanor Borroughs Morris, a descendant of brewer Mayor Anthony Morris (I), founder of the Morris family, another prominent Philadelphia family.

      Lloyd’s first marriage was November 25, 1932 to Rachel Lowe Lambert. They divorced in 1948. She was later the wife of Paul Mellon. His second wife was Alice Babcock. His children by Rachel Lambert were a son, Washington D.C. antiquarian Stacy Barcoft Lloyd, III, and daughter Eliza. With Alice Babcock he had a son Robin Lloyd, a writer and journalist who was an announcer for NBC.

      For many years he was one of the largest landowners on St. Croix, U.S.V.I. He owned a dairy farm and raised beef cattle. He also owned and operated the local dairy bottling plant.

      During the later part of his life Lloyd resided in Berryville, Virginia and Southwest Harbor, Maine. He died in Berryville, Virginia in December 1994.

      Anthony Morris, Jr. (23 August 1654, Stepney, London, England – 24 October 1721, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) was a brewer, Quaker preacher, judge, and mayor of Philadelphia.

      Morris immigrated to Burlington, New Jersey, in 1682, and relocated to Philadelphia three years later. In 1687, he built the original Morris Brewery, establishing a family business that would last until the 1830s. As the Francis Perot (and Sons) Malting Company, it endured into the 1960s as arguably the oldest continuous business in the United States. The original brewery was located on Front Street, south of Walnut. In 1745, Morris’s grandson Anthony IV (son of the second Anthony Morris in Philadelphia) built a larger brewery at the corner of Dock and Pear (now Thomas Paine Place). At this location, Anthony IV’s grandson, Benjamin Wistar Morris, brewed the preferred porter-style beer for President George Washington during the early 1790s.

      In addition to serving Philadelphia as one of its leading brewers, Anthony Morris served in a variety of judicial capacities during the 1690s and was described by William Penn as “one of the most sufficient as well as diligent magistrates” in the colony. In 1704, Morris became the city’s mayor, a post later occupied by his son Anthony III, as well. Most of the older Anthony’s attention after the turn of the 18th century, however, was devoted to preaching among the Society of Friends throughout North America.


      [edit] SourcesStanley Baron, Brewed in America: A History of Beer and Ale in the United States (Boston: Little, Brown and Company, 1962)
      James Grant Wilson, John Fiske and Stanley L. Klos, eds., Appleton’s Cyclopedia of American Biography (New York: D. Appleton and Company, 1887–1889)


      Perot MALT ?

  3. Renee says:

    The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is an international NGO.[3] Its headquarters are in Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines, and it has offices in sixteen countries[4] . The main goal of IRRI is to find sustainable ways to improve the well-being of poor rice farmers and consumers, as well as the environment. The institute is one of 15 agricultural research centers around the world that form the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). It is Asia’s largest non-profit agricultural research center.

    CGIAR (formerly the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research) is a strategic alliance that unites organizations involved in agricultural research for sustainable development with the donors that fund such work.[4] These donors include governments of developing and industrialized countries, foundations and international and regional organizations. The work they support is carried out by the 15 members of the CGIAR Consortium of International Agricultural Research Centers,[5] in close collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations, including national and regional agricultural research institutes, civil society organizations, academia and the private sector. The CGIAR now has 64 governmental and nongovernmental members and supports 14 research centers and one intergovernmental research center (AfricaRice).

    The CGIAR is sponsored by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the World Bank.

    Work history
    Director General, International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) (2005-current)
    Director, Generation Challenge Program (2004-March 2005)
    Professor and Head, Department of Plant Pathology and Director, Plant Biotechnology Center, Kansas State University (1999-2004)
    Leader, Irrigated Rice Research Program and Plant Pathologist, IRRI (1992-1998)
    Leader, Rainfed Lowland Rice Research Program and Plant Pathologist, IRRI (1992-1996)
    Leader, Rice Program, Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical (CIAT), Cali, Colombia (1986-1992)
    Senior Staff Plant Pathologist, CIAT Rice Program (1985-1992)
    Technical adviser, Burundi Maize Program, Institut des Sciences Agronomique du Burundi. Employed by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Ottawa, Canada (1982-1985)
    Visiting Research Associate, CIAT Cassava Program (1980-1981)
    Cornell University. Graduate Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant, Department of Plant Pathology (1978-1980)
    Oregon State University. Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant, Department of Botany and Plant Pathology (1975-1977)
    Technician, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle (1974-1975)
    Secondary School Science Teacher, College Musim, Mokala, Zaire. (Peace Corps) (1972-1974)



  4. Renee says:

    Rice was born in Springfield, Massachusetts, the third of ten children of David and Patty (née Hall) Rice. His first job was as a grocery store clerk in Springfield, at the age of 15. By age 22, he had purchased the store from its owner. In 1838, Rice traveled to Texas in search of new business opportunities. Unfortunately, all the merchandise from his store was lost at sea, and Rice was forced to start anew in Houston as a clerk. He soon set up the Rice and Nichols general store, which became the William M. Rice and Company.[1]

    Rice made his fortune by investing in land, real estate, lumber, railroads, cotton, and other prospects in Texas and Louisiana. In 1860, his total property, which included fifteen slaves, was worth $750,000.[2] He invested in business firms in Houston; in 1895 he was listed in the city directories as “Capitalist. Owner of Capitol Hotel and Capitol Hotel Annex Building, President of Houston Brick Works Company.”[1] Rice was a member of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows.[2]

    Rice married Margaret Bremond, daughter of Paul Bremond (Houston and Texas Central Railway) and Harriet Martha Sprouls, in 1850 in Houston, Texas. The 1860 census places William and Margaret Rice in Houston’s 2nd Ward. Clerks are also identified in the same census report; thus the location is most likely Rice’s merchant business. Margaret was 16 years Rice’s junior. She died, at age 31, in 1863 in Houston, Texas. Rice is also reported to have lived in Matamoros, Mexico in 1863. Whether there is a connection to the timing of Margaret’s death to his living in Matamoros is not clear. By 1865, he’s reported as living back in Houston.

    He lived in Houston until around 1865, when he moved to New York (but did not own a home there). He built a house on a 160-acre (0.65 km2) estate in Dunellen, New Jersey, and moved there in 1872. He became a resident of New York again in 1882.[1]

    Rice married Julia E. Brown (nee Elizabeth Baldwin) on June 26, 1867. Baldwin was the sister of Charlotte Rice, the wife of William Rice’s brother Frederick. The marriage was “stormy”, and during the 1890s, she consulted an attorney regarding the possibility of a divorce. She died “hopelessly insane” in Waukesha, Wisconsin, on July 24, 1896.[1]

    On January 28, 1882, William Rice drafted a will, instructing the executors to pay over to the trustees, the Governor and the Judge, funds from his estate for the establishment of “The William M. Rice Orphans Institute.” The next year, he began spending more time in Houston, reuniting with old acquaintances. After an 1886 or 1887 meeting with a C. Lombardi, Rice decided that the benefits of his wealth should be enjoyed by the children of the city where he made his fortune. In 1891, Rice decided that he would not establish an Orphans Institute at the Dunellen estate, but would instead found the William M. Rice Institute for the Advancement of Literature, Science and Art in Houston, Texas. The Institute’s charter was signed by all the original trustees, except for Rice, on May 18, 1891, and certified by the State of Texas the following day.[1]

    In 1893, Rice made a new will, naming as executors James A. Baker Sr. (a lawyer who often worked for Rice), William M. Rice Jr. (his nephew), and John D. Bartine. The value of Rice’s estate at the time was estimated at about $4 million. The new will instructed the executors to divide his property into two equal parts, one to be bequeathed to the Rice Institute, the other to be divided into shares and distributed to his wife Elizabeth Baldwin Rice and other legatees. After her death in 1896, a new will was drafted on September 26, providing bequests for several of Rice’s relatives and leaving the remainder of the estate to the Rice Institute. The next four years saw a great deal of litigation by the will of Elizabeth Rice. Its executor was O. T. Holt, assisted by Albert T. Patrick, formerly an attorney in Houston, but working in New York at the time. Under a false identity, Patrick interviewed Rice, who would not otherwise have seen him due to his professional relationship with Elizabeth Rice. Patrick was attempting to establish Rice’s domicile in Texas, and not in New York, which would have provided a more favorable bequest for Mrs. Rice. Despite revealing his identity in 1900, to Rice’s anger, the two men continued to have dealings.[1]

    Plotting to take control of Rice’s estate and become the beneficiary of his fortune, Patrick prepared a fake will, forging Rice’s signature on it. The fraudulent document named William Rice Jr. and James Baker Jr. as executors, but replaced John Bartine’s name with Patrick’s. He made bequests to a number of relatives and friends of Rice and of his own, hoping to involve as many interested parties as possible.[1] In the words of James A. Baker Sr.,

    “ …Mr. William M. Rice, Jr., the nephew of William Marsh Rice, and one of the attorneys of Mr. Rice (Captain Baker) were named as executors not only of the first, or genuine will of Mr. Rice, but in the second or so-called Patrick will; that each of them received greater benefits under the second will then [sic] under the first; and while he, Patrick, was named as residuary legatee under the second will, yet he was in fact a trustee, to take over the property of the estate and administer it in carrying out a number of secret trusts verbally declared by Mr. Rice.[1] ”

    William Rice was living alone in his apartment at 500 Madison Avenue, New York. His valet, Charles F. Jones, had worked for him for a number of years.[1]

    On September 24, 1900, James Baker received a telegram from the valet, Charles Jones, stating:

    “ Mr. Rice died last night under the care of a physician. Certificate of death old age, extreme nervousness. Funeral tomorrow morning at nine o’clock. Interment at Waukesha beside his wife. Wire when you are coming.[1] ”

    Despite the contents of this telegram, a second communique, from Rice’s bankers warned that the multi millionaire had died under peculiar circumstances, and that his body was to be cremated.[1]

    Court action would later prove that Jones and Patrick had conspired to murder Rice on September 23. The will was proved a forgery. Patrick was sentenced to death, spending four years on death row at Sing Sing Prison before having his sentence commuted by Governor Frank Higgins in 1906. He received a full pardon from Governor John A. Dix six years later. Patrick died in Tulsa, Oklahoma on February 11, 1940, aged 74.[1] Charles Jones was given freedom, and remained in seclusion until November 16, 1954. On that date, at age 79, he committed suicide in Baytown, Texas, where he lived.[1]

    Rice’s body was eventually cremated, and the urn of his ashes was kept in the vault of the business office of the Trustees of the Institute until it was deposited beneath the monument erected in his memory on the campus of the Institute.[1] In 1930 John Angel (sculptor) completed the Founder’s Memorial at Rice University — depicting a seated William Marsh Rice — in line with specifications by architect Ralph Adams Cram.

  5. Renee says:

    The whole story:

    Benghazi explained: Interview with an “Intelligence Insider” massive cover-up
    Administration is engaged in a massive cover-up

    Benghazi explained: Interview with an “Intelligence Insider”

    Doug Hagmann
    Thursday, November 29, 2012

    Benghazi: Behind the scenes (Part II)

    This is part one of a multi-part interview with a government insider intimately familiar with the events that took place in Benghazi. In this part, he provides important background, and explains this administration is engaged in a massive cover-up.

    DH: It’s been a while since we’ve discussed Benghazi. What have you heard lately?

    II: Before I answer that, I want to get a few things off my chest. Every politician, whether it’s a congressman senator, diplomat, or their spokespeople and the media are lying to the American public every time they call the location of the attack a consulate. It was not. There was absolutely no diplomatic consulate in Benghazi. None. Words are important here. They can create a wrong image, an incorrect picture of what was really going on. The property where our Ambassador and other Americans were murdered was a rented villa consisting of a primary residence with a couple of outbuildings behind the actual house. The reason they’re still calling it a consulate is to subtly divert any questions about our activities there.

    DH: Let’s go over this again; exactly what was taking place at Benghazi?

    II: As I said, the place where the attack happened is one of the largest, one of the most active CIA operation centers in North Africa, if not in the entire Middle East. It was not a diplomatic station. It was a planning and operations center, a logistics hub for weapons and arms being funneled out of Libya. Unlike the embassy in Tripoli, there was limited security in Benghazi. Why? So the operation did not draw attention to what was going on there.

    DH: So in reality there were no actual security issues?

    II: Oh yes, there were, in Tripoli. Diplomatic cables show that. But it was for the embassy in Tripoli, the Ambassador and the diplomatic staff in general, not specifically for the Benghazi location for two reasons. First, the Benghazi location was a CIA operation, not a diplomatic one. Visible security at that location would draw unwanted attention there. They had to blend in. Remember, the villa was located in a somewhat residential area, sort of like the suburbs. Secondly, additional manpower was not needed there, at this CIA center, as the operation was already winding down.

    DH: I know you’ve gone over this before, but let’s get into the specifics of the operation at Benghazi.

    II: Good, I want to be clear. After Gaddafi was taken out, there was the matter of his weapons and arms that were hidden all over Libya, including chemical weapons – gas weapons. According to Obama and Hillary Clinton, we were in Libya to collect and destroy these weapons to make for a ‘safer’ Libya. That’s what they were telling the American public. That’s not really what was going on, though, and it seems like all of the other nations except the average American knew it. Anyway, you can find pictures and videos of weapons caches being destroyed, but that is strictly for the public’s consumption.
    What was really happening, before Gaddafi’s body was even cold, is that we had people locating caches of weapons, separating the working from those that weren’t, and making a big show of destroying the weapons, but only the weapons that were useless. The working weapons were being given to Islamic terrorists. They were being funneled through Libya, crisscrossing Libya on a Muslim Brotherhood managed strategic supply route. In fact, Michael Reagan called it the modern day equivalent of the Ho Chi Minh Trail in a recent article he wrote, and he is correct.

    The entire arms and weapons running operation was headquartered in Benghazi, The weapons were actually being shipped out of Libya from the port city of Dernah, located about a hundred miles east of Benghazi. That was the ‘choke point’ of the weapons being shipped out. Remember the Lusitania? Think in those terms, ships carrying weapons hid among ‘humanitarian aid.’ By the time of the attacks, an estimated 30-40 million pounds of arms were already transported out of Libya.

    From there, the weapons were being sent to staging areas in Turkey near the Syrian border, for use by the Free Syrian Army and other ragtag terrorist groups to fight against Assad. The objective was and still is to destabilize the Assad government.

    Why Syria, why not Iran?

    II: It’s both, but Syria is the primary target here for this operation. First, look at the bigger picture, look at the so-called “Arab Spring.” Who benefits and by default, who doesn’t? Who is the architect for what’s going on throughout the Middle East and North Africa? Whose agenda is being implemented? To specifically address Benghazi, though, look at the bigger picture here and what is trying to be accomplished.

    The Obama administration is playing the role of Saudi Arabia’s private army. I think if Americans knew this, they would be outraged. Our service men and women are being sold out as mercenaries for the wants and desires of the Royal family, for the Saudi’s interests. It’s about religious dominance and oil. Who is really benefitting from, say, what’s going on in Egypt? Mubarek is out, and the Muslim Brotherhood is in. Who does that benefit? Saudi Arabia.

    Look at what we see happening in Egypt. Destabilization. Do you think the Russians want that? Hell no. Syria is Russia’s red line in the sand, as you earlier wrote. If Syria is lost to the Muslim Brotherhood by the actions of Obama, Hillary Clinton and others in this administration, what happens? Well, it will have an adverse impact on Russia from a military standpoint. They will likely lose access to their Mediterranean deep water port in Syria, which is Tartus.

    But think further – three dimensionally. Russia is still the world’s largest oil producer, and that’s Russia’s primary source of income. Then there’s Turkey, adjacent to Syria. A large amount of Russian oil and gas, consumed by the West, flows through Turkey, which is also a player in this operation.

    So, the destabilization of Syria which is exactly what Obama and Clinton are trying to do, presents a direct military and economic threat to Russia. Assad at least has kept things in check in Syria. Can you imagine Assad being replaced by someone like Morsi? That would strike at the very heart of Russia’s economic health and military capabilities. Think of what’s at stake here.

    Do Americans want a regional war? World War III?

    Has Obama or Clinton asked the American people if this is what they want?

    Make no mistake, we are doing the bidding for Saudi Arabia. The U.S., NATO and other allies are engaged in a proxy war with Iran and Russia.

    What about Assad’s war crimes?

    Assad is no angel, but don’t be fooled by the death toll attributed to him. Now this is important. Remember the first Gulf War? In the run up to Desert Storm, a young woman testified before the Human Rights Caucus – she only testified under her first name, which was Nayirah. Remember that she testified that Iraqi soldiers were taking infants from incubators in Kuwait, leaving them to die? Her testimony was supposedly confirmed by Amnesty International. Her testimony went viral, and every war hawk in the U.S. government cited her testimony, saying we needed to right the wrongs, the inhumanity.

    It was all one big lie!

    After Desert Storm, it was revealed that Nayirah’s last name was Al-Sabah, and she was the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador to the United States. Her testimony was part of a publicity campaign organized by Citizens for a Free Kuwait, which was run by Hill & Knowlton, a PR firm out of New York. People must learn the back story.

    So we see a body count attributed to Assad. Who’s doing the killing, Assad’s people?

    Maybe at times, but the Free Syrian Army and other groups are doing most of the slaughter. It’s one huge ‘false flag’ operation and the media is selling it hard. And Americans are buying it, just like the testimony of the girl from Kuwait.It’s one big lie being told by Obama, Clinton, Rice, and others. Many Americans are buying the lie, and the media is selling the lie. The people behind this are laughing at us. Don’t you get it?

    They’re laughing at us.And do you want to know what’s at stake? Four Americans were killed in Benghazi. Forty thousand have been killed so far in Syria. Tens of thousands of Syrian people have become refugees. Why? For what? To advance the agenda of Saudi Arabia. For oil.

    You know, the so-called right wing establishment were all up in arms about Obama’s submissive bow to the Saudi King. Where are they now? Where’s the outrage that the body count will be much greater than Forty thousand? It is anticipated that if the Obama plan succeeds, not only will America be committed to yet another war, but the body count could be as high as FOUR MILLION. Christians, among others, will be slaughtered.

    This could trigger a third world war, it’s that serious.

    What are Russia and Iran doing? Certainly, they must be fighting back.

    Benghazi was a strike against us, the Obama-Clinton agenda. A visible strike, and I’ll explain more about this shortly, because there are events I will point out that will put it all into perspective. But think of it this way. How did we successfully collapse the Soviet Union? I mean, what was the last straw? We attacked their currency – the Ruble. They’re still stinging from that, and Putin was in the KGB at the time. Do you think he forgot about that?

    So, how do, or will Russia and Iran strike back if Obama and Clinton continue this insanity? Militarily?

    Possibly in regional conflicts, but to take us out, to stop us, what is the one area where we are very vulnerable? It’s our economy – our dollar. What’s our dollar tied to? Not gold or silver anymore, and some say it’s not tied to anything. Well, that’s not quite correct. It’s tied to OIL. The free-flow of oil.

    Oil transactions everywhere in the world, including Russia and China, are made with U.S. dollars. We buy their oil with our dollars, and they return with those same paper dollars and employ Americans by buying our goods and services. As Michael Reagan wrote: “[t]his system is also crucial to the security of our diplomatic and legal infrastructure, which is ultimately backed by our military. It’s the core of our foreign policy.” He also wrote that “any attack on the free flow of oil is an attack on the dollar. Any attack on the dollar is an attack on our ability to project power and protect Western democracies, economies, and ideals. God have mercy on us all if that attack is successful!”

    Tomorrow Part II

    Benghazi explained: Interview with an “Intelligence Insider”

    We’ve heard different accounts and different timelines concerning the attack at Benghazi. What exactly happened?

    First, people must understand that the compound that was attacked was situated in a somewhat rural area and was not a consulate, but a rented villa, or a residential structure. The residence was the primary building, and what has been referred to as the annex was located about 1800 feet away as the crow flies, but just over a mile to travel by road. And again, visible security was not present as the compound was the headquarters for a covert operation. No one wanted to draw attention to what was taking place at this location.

    The first indications of problems there began at least twelve-(12) hours before the first shot was even fired. One of the men at the compound observed a policeman or Libyan security officer taking photographs outside of the villa. Keep in mind that Ambassador Stevens, the point man in this Obama-sanctioned weapons running operation, was hastily scheduled to meet with the Turkish consul general at this location. The meeting was deliberately planned for dinner time, toward evening, when the events that happened next could be performed under the cover of darkness.

    It’s also important to consider the location of this meeting. Tripoli is the seat of power in Libya, and a genuine diplomatic meeting could more safely have been conducted there, at the embassy. Also, what most people don’t know is that Libya is split, much like East and West Germany before the wall. The eastern part is more closely aligned with the Muslim Brotherhood, the same group that controls Egypt. The Turkish consul general had to meet there, not just with Stevens but with other factions involved in this covert operation.

    Now I’ll digress for a moment. It is reasonable to ask whether the Turkish consul general was setting Stevens up for a hit, like a classic mob-style hit. First, there is no dispute that there was surveillance done at 6:30 a.m. and intermittently throughout the day. Next, consider that three hours before the first shot was fired, about 6:30 p.m. local time, some strange things were observed taking place near the compound. Military type vehicles began closing of the streets with trucks that had 50 caliber guns mounted on them. Checkpoints on the streets and at intersections were being quietly closed off around the compound. Nearby residents began going inside their homes. Anyone walking in the area got off the streets, like a scene from a movie in the Godfather series. It was obvious that the stage was being set for a strike against the compound. This alone reveals preplanning and coordination.

    It’s also noteworthy to point out that the Turkish counsel general most likely passed through one or more of these checkpoints, or at least would have noticed that things were not right in the area. You must remember that just as Stevens was previously CIA working under diplomatic cover, the Turkish counsel general was his counterpart. It’s typical spy versus spy stuff.

    Also consider this. One of the men stationed at the compound, a British national, left the compound at about 9:20 p.m., reportedly to get more phone cards. That’s right, phone cards, like you would buy at Walmart. Why? Because the men at the compound ran out of minutes. Just who do you think they were talking to that day to burn through the minutes, and why do you think they needed them at that exact time?

    They were using the phones as a last and perhaps only line of communications to provide assessments of the strange things going on earlier. They knew that something was being planned and they were conveying that information – their observations to those who could assist them, in Tripoli and DC.

    Based on these activities, it is clear that the men at the compound suspected that they were in trouble long before the first shot was ever fired. They were calling anyone who would listen, or who should have listened. We knew trouble was brewing and no one responded in any meaningful way.

    Could the man who left to buy more phone cards have known what was about to take place?

    Well, it’s possible, but there is no indication of that.

    Was the Turkish counsel general in on this, to set Stevens up?

    Well, what have we heard from our government? Has anyone even bothered to interview him? What did he say? Don’t forget, this administration decided to handle this attack as a crime and not a terrorist attack. How long did it take for the FBI to be able to access the ‘crime scene’ after the attack? More importantly, what was left at the ‘crime scene’ to examine by the FBI due to this delay? Do you think the delay was accidental?

    Do you know what was discussed, or the reason for the meeting between Stevens and the Turkish consul general?

    Yes, I know some key points. First, keep in mind what this arms running operation was all about. It was to topple Assad and replace him with a Muslim Brotherhood leader. It was to destabilize Syria to advance the agenda of Saudi Arabia. They were using U.S. and NATO forces to do exactly that.

    However, Assad is no Gaddafi, and there is no comparison between Assad’s army and the Libyan army. It would take much more than rebels inside Syria to topple Assad. There is no way on earth that the Syrian rebels, or Free Syrian Army, has the capability to accomplish this objective alone. It required U.S. assistance, arms and training.

    Now, Turkey is a NATO ally. They were assisting the Obama-Clinton-Saudi plan to funnel weapons ultimately to Syria, but the primary staging areas for these weapons were in Turkey near the Syrian border. Visual surveillance by Russia, using satellites and other means amassed photographic documentation of the U.S. assisting the ‘anti-Assad rebels’ inside Turkey. They developed evidence of the U.S. training these rebels and assisting them into Syria to fight against Assad.

    Think about this. What if surveillance images observed anti-Assad rebels being trained to handle and mount chemical weapons – gas shells – onto rockets? The process would be apparent and would obviously be detected by a number of visual indicators. Obviously, Syria wanted this to stop. By extension, so did Russia.

    One aspect of the weapons plan was to set up a false flag operation to make it appear that Assad used chemical weapons against his own people. Imagine the outcry from the civilized world to the news that Assad ‘gassed’ his own people. That would be an invitation to NATO and the West to openly intervene. Don’t forget about the timing of all of this. Two months before the elections, and time was running out. The job of taking out Assad was not yet complete. Such an event would quickly advance this agenda. By this time, however, being caught and placed in a rather unenviable position between Russia and the U.S., the Turkish consul general was in a ‘CYA, clean-up’ mode, assuring that none of the chemical weapons that might have still been in Libya were headed for Turkey.

    It is also important to understand that the covert weapons running operation was just about finished. An estimated 40 million pounds of weapons were already shipped from Libya, and things were winding down.

    There was another issue as well, a very important and telling one. Seven members of the Iranian Red Crescent had been kidnapped or snatched from the streets of Benghazi on or about July 31, 2012. Again you must understand that virtually anyone walking on the streets of Benghazi not indigenous to the area are spies. Covert operatives, operating under various covers. From all nations.

    Along with the message that the weapons running operation was compromised, the Iranians had good reason to suspect that the ‘Red Crescent workers’ were snatched by the CIA or with their assistance. Iran wanted them back. They were spies, and countries want their spies back! So part of the meeting was to address this, as there was pressure by Russia against a wavering Turkey to switch sides. Anyway, you’ll see how this ties in to the way the actual attack was executed.

    Please continue.

    So at 9:30 pm local time, the compound began to take on small arms fire. Based on all reports I’ve reviewed, there were three twelve-man attack teams armed with small arms, RPGs, and other sophisticated military style weapons. These were not run-of-the-mill street weapons, but military issued type weapons. The types of weapons alone scream that this was a preplanned attack.

    Eyes on the area [author’s note: satellites, surveillance drones] confirmed that two of these teams surrounded the villa and the annex. The third team was elsewhere, lying in wait. The two teams began their assault on the compound where Stevens was inside about an hour after the Turkish counsel general left. Remember, he had to pass the checkpoints after the meeting. Just keep that in mind.

    Anyway, we all know now that there was an intense firefight that lasted nearly nine hours during which four Americans, Ambassador Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Dougherty and Tyrone Woods were killed. And of course that attack was not over a video and there were no protests before the attack.

    Now there are questions that are not being asked. The two well-armed ‘hit teams’ had the capability to reduce the compound and annex to rubble quickly. Why a protracted firefight? There are a couple of reasons.

    First, what was the makeup of the ‘hit teams,’ or who were the attackers? We have verified that the attackers were a combination of members of Ansar al Sharia and Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), but they were operating under the flag of Ansar al Sharia. Who is Ansar al Sharia? Iranian terrorists. They are a terrorist group that receives their training by and funding from Iran. Now think about this. Carefully consider the implications here. IRAN. It’s the elephant in the room no one wants to mention or talk about.

    The attack on our ambassador and our people – Americans – was an attack by Iran. It was an attack at a nation-state level.

    AQIM also assisted. They are indigenous to Africa and are extremely dangerous. AQIM is a very ‘elite’ and extremely well-funded group, and very limited in number. Our last assessment suggests that there are only 400 or so members, but they are very influential across Africa and into South and Central America and Western Europe. Their importance and relevance will become evident shortly.

    The reason that they did not just take out the compound and everything and everyone in it is that they were looking for their spies. Remember the Red Crescent workers? The Iranian spies? They suspected that they might be held at the annex. As such, they wanted to free them and did not want to risk killing them.

    Oh, and there were others ‘missing’ as well. AQIM members. These were terrorists involved in drug running operations from the Tri-border (TBA) areas of South America through North Africa and into Western Europe. By the way, this is the way they made their money. Drugs sell at higher profits in Western Europe than elsewhere, so there is money to be made. The problem is that some of them got caught—snatched up in Benghazi and northeastern Libya.

    Now regarding AQIM, this has a direct connection not only to South America, but also to Mexico and Mexican drug gangs. You think that what’s going on in Libya is just ‘over there,’ and far away from the U.S. and has nothing to do with our safety and security? Think again, but more on this in a bit.

    There’s also another reason. The hit teams fully expected rescue teams from the U.S. to be dispatched to the compound. Certainly, calls for help went out. By waiting for the back-up or rescue forces, a surprise assault by the other ‘hit team’ team would have exposed our forces to possible causalities and turned the event into a much bigger event where the actual nature of the operation could be exposed to the world. Instead of being a cover-up for which they have yet to be held accountable, it would have been an international incident that would have exposed the entire affair.

    So the Ansar al Sharia attack groups deliberately conducted a protracted assault on the compound. Just imagine, our men and even the bad guys never expected team Obama would leave our people twisting in the wind, fighting for their lives. That alone should speak volumes to every American.

    As daylight approached, they had to wrap things up so they could disappear under the cover of darkness. Oh, and the crowds that are often cited by this administration, did form in the area as the attack progressed, much like a growing mob in riot. They provided the fog, or the cover, that permitted the attackers to escape amid the crowd.

    You mentioned the missing Iranian Red Crescent workers and members of AQIM. Were they ever released or found?

    Yes, and this is an extremely important part of this entire story. This reaches into the highest levels of our government. This is so very important that it must be addressed separately.

    So the attack was first and the crowd came later. I noted that the administration said that there were protests going on at the Embassy in Cairo at the same time and they compared it to Benghazi.

    Yes, that’s their cover story and they know that there is absolutely no comparison. This is one huge lie that is easily addressed and put out of its misery.

    How soon did U.S. intelligence officials know who was responsible for the attack?

    Almost immediately, if not concurrent with the attack. Every part of that area is under active aerial surveillance by the U.S. There was SIGINT or communication intercepts at the time of the attack. Then, there was even an admission by the attackers. Obama knew. Hillary knew. Clapper knew. Everyone knew, expect the American people. And you know what? The American media knew as well.

    I heard a statement that they did not admit knowledge to avoid alerting the perpetrators.

    Yes, it was said that Rice and others did not want to alert the ‘bad guys’ or tip their hand or some such nonsense, but did that mean that Susan Rice, for example, had to appear on national television and lie to every one of us, to the country? In my opinion, Rice took on the temporary job of propaganda minister for a day in exchange for a shot at Secretary of State in the future.

    You are painting quite a dire picture.

    It gets worse, much worse, and it involves real threats across the globe and even to us here in the United States. But it’s all because of our actions, the covert weapons running from Libya to Syria by way of Turkey at the direction of Barack Obama and his Saudi ‘handlers.’

    FORTY THOUSAND men, women and children are dead in Syria as a direct result of this attempt at nation building, or tearing down Assad. There are four dead Americans. We are arming some of the very people who are killing our troops. Not only are we on the wrong side of this, we are actively pushing the world to the precipice of World War III.

    We are engaged in a real war here with Iran and Syria and by extension, with Russia and China. And we are being lied to about it every step of the way. And the lies are getting worse, but so are the attempts to stop the truth from getting out.

    What do you mean?

    What do you think the recent directive issued by Obama, the one you wrote about ‘insider threats,’ is all about? Obama does not want the American people to know the truth about what is going on. He’s doubled down to stop leaks, like this. But you know what? He just might be too late, because we’re not done here. I’m not done talking, and there’s much more that needs to be exposed.

  6. Renee says:


    Cyrus Culver Canfield [Parents] was born on 20 Dec 1817 in Columbus, Franklin, Ohio. He died on 25 Dec 1889 in Stillwater, Churchill, Nevada. He was buried in Fallon, Curchill, Nevada. He married Jane Louisa Jones on 9 Oct 1841 in Kirtland, Lake, Ohio.

    Other marriages:

    Jones, Clarissa Lora
    Allen, Laura Albina

    Jane Louisa Jones [Parents] was born on 17 Oct 1812 in Paris, Onedia, New York. She died on 25 Oct 1872. She married Cyrus Culver Canfield on 9 Oct 1841 in Kirtland, Lake, Ohio.


    Cyrus Culver Canfield [Parents] was born on 20 Dec 1817 in Columbus, Franklin, Ohio. He died on 25 Dec 1889 in Stillwater, Churchill, Nevada. He was buried in Fallon, Curchill, Nevada. He married Clarissa Lora Jones in 1844 in Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois.

    Other marriages:

    Jones, Jane Louisa
    Allen, Laura Albina

    Clarissa Lora Jones [Parents] was born on 6 Jul 1815 in Richland, Oswego, New York. She died on 27 Nov 1892 in West Jordan, Salt Lake, Utah. She was buried in West Jordan, Salt Lake, Utah. She married Cyrus Culver Canfield in 1844 in Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois.

    They had the following children:

    M i Myron Canfield was born on 4 Oct 1845 in St. Joseph, Buchanan, Missouri. He died on 24 Aug 1847 in Winter Quarters, Nebraska Territory. [Notes]


    Cyrus Culver Canfield [Parents] was born on 20 Dec 1817 in Columbus, Franklin, Ohio. He died on 25 Dec 1889 in Stillwater, Churchill, Nevada. He was buried in Fallon, Curchill, Nevada. He married Laura Albina Allen.

    Other marriages:

    Jones, Jane Louisa
    Jones, Clarissa Lora

    Laura Albina Allen [Parents] was born on 19 Sep 1829 in Green Wood, Stuben, New York. She died on 2 Jun 1871 in San Jose, Santa Clara, California. She married Cyrus Culver Canfield.


    Samuel Canfield.Samuel married Sabrina Davenport.

    Sabrina Davenport.Sabrina married Samuel Canfield.

    They had the following children:

    M i Cyrus Culver Canfield


    Horace Jones.Horace married Laura Underwood.

    Laura Underwood.Laura married Horace Jones.

    They had the following children:

    F i Jane Louisa Jones
    F ii Clarissa Lora Jones


    Elihu Marcellus Allen.Elihu married Lola Ann Clawson.

    Lola Ann Clawson.Lola married Elihu Marcellus Allen.

    They had the following children:

    F i Laura Albina Allen


    George Carson.George married Ann Hough.

    Ann Hough.Ann married George Carson.

    They had the following children:

    M i John Carson


    John Carson [Parents] was born on 13 Nov 1819 in Wayne, Mifflin, Pennsylvania. He died on 22 Aug 1895 in Fairfield, Utah, Utah. He was buried on 25 Aug 1895 in Fairfield, Utah, Utah. He married Elvira Egbert on 31 Jan 1841 in Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois.

    Elvira Egbert [Parents] was born on 10 Sep 1822 in Carlisle, Sullivan, Indiana. She died on 12 Feb 1908 in Provo, Utah, Utah. She was buried on 15 Feb 1908 in Fairfield, Utah, Utah. She married John Carson on 31 Jan 1841 in Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois.

    They had the following children:

    M i George Washington Carson was born on 3 Dec 1841 in Payson, Adams, Illinois. He died on 8 Mar 1845 in Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois. He was buried in Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois.
    M ii William Franklin Carson was born on 20 Aug 1843 in Leharp, Hancock, Illinois. He died on 14 Dec 1911 in Lehi, Utah, Utah. He was buried in Lehi, Utah, Utah.
    F iii Elizabeth Minnie Carson was born on 24 Oct 1845 in Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois. She died on 27 Mar 1896 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah. She was buried in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah.
    M iv John Carson was born on 11 Mar 1848 in Garden Grove, Decatour, Iowa. He died on 9 Nov 1926 in Leamington, Millard, Utah.

    Clarissa Lora Jones [Parents] was born on 6 Jul 1815 in Richland, Oswego, New York. She died on 27 Nov 1892 in West Jordan, Salt Lake, Utah. She was buried in West Jordan, Salt Lake, Utah. She married Cyrus Culver Canfield in 1844 in Nauvoo, Hancock, Illinois.

    They had the following children:

    M i Myron Canfield was born on 4 Oct 1845 in St. Joseph, Buchanan, Missouri. He died on 24 Aug 1847 in Winter Quarters, Nebraska Territory. [Notes]

    Cyrus Culver Canfield b. 20 Dec 1817 d, 25 Dec 1889.
    Wife 1: Jane Louisa Jones b. 17 Oct 1812 d. 25 Oct. 1872 (m. 9 Oct 1841)
    Wife 2: Clarissa Lora Jones b. 6 July 1815 d.27 Nov 1892 (m. 1844)
    Wife 3 : Laura Albina Allen b. 19 Sept 1829 d. 1871
    (her parents were Elihu Marcellus Allen and Lola Ann Clawson)*

    Samuel Canfield.Samuel married Sabrina Davenport.

    Sabrina Davenport.Sabrina married Samuel Canfield.

    They had the following children:

    M i Cyrus Culver Canfield


  7. Renee says:

    Will gloating Dems gone Marxist make it racist for anyone to ponder how Susan Rice got so rich?

    Ms. Rice “holds significant investments in more than a dozen Canadian oil companies and banks that would stand to benefit from expansion of the North American tar sands industry and construction of the proposed $7 billion Keystone XL pipeline.” (onearth.org, Nov. 28, 2012).

    No one’s talking peanuts here: The current U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, tapped by Obama to replace Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State, owns stock valued between $300,000 and $600,000 in TransCanada, the company seeking a federal permit to transport oil sands crude from Alberta, Canada over a 1,700-mile trek to refineries on the Texas Gulf Coast.

    Environmentalists against the pipeline project claim it would take out the entire Midwest ecosystem if ever given an Obama green light.

    Now that she’s been exposed as a ‘Pipeline Project Insider’, Rice has left Obama in the glare of the headlights as a president far more interested in power than the environment, a situation never taken lightly by environmental activists.

    The shock of Obama the anti-environmentalist is bound to rebound throughout the fruited plains. Dems are always on the side of the environmentalists, aren’t they???

    Rice’s road to riches started here in Canada, where she also has smaller stakes in several other big Canadian energy firms, as well as the country’s transportation companies and coal-fired utilities. Another 20 percent or so of her personal wealth is derived from investments in five Canadian banks.

    Make that Canadian banks, which, unlike American ones, are standing strong in today’s wobbly economy.

    “If confirmed by the Senate, one of Rice’s first duties likely would be consideration, and potentially approval, of the controversial mega-project.” (onearth.org).

    That’s bound to drive rank and file environmental activists who are sincere in their worries about the pipeline crossing vulnerable Midwest ecosystems and the largest freshwater aquifer in North America, ballistic. Celebrities like Robert Redford, Danny Glover, Mark Ruffalo protesting the Keystone XL pipeline didn’t do their homework. If they did the name SUSAN RICE would have been prominently displayed on the full page New York Times and Washington Post ads they ran against the coming pipeline.

    Ironically, the ads called the proposed pipeline project “An Environmental Crime in Progress” only Obama could stop.

    When they wrote in their ad script, “Deception and outright cronyism surround the proposed Keystone XL pipeline”, they never knew how spot on they were.

    When did Rice, a holdover from the Clinton administration and appointed US Ambassador to the UN on Jan. 22, 2009—two days after Obama’s 2009 inauguration—get to be a prominent member of the 1 percent that brought OWS (Occupy Wall Street) onto the world stage?

    In the days of the not-so-long-ago past when the beleaguered US Ambassador to the UN was living in Toronto, she was merely, “Mrs. Cameron”. (New York Times, Sept. 13, 1992).

    As “Mrs. Cameron”, back in 1992 “Ms. Rice” was married to Ian Officer Cameron, then a television producer in Toronto for CBC, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation nicknamed “The Communist Broadcasting Corporation” by its detractors. Cameron was to go on to be executive producer of ABC’s This Week with George Stephanopoulos.

    Current CBC journalists would be the first to tell you that there is no getting rich through CBC, Canada’s $1-billion-a-year-taxpayer-funded national television network. Make that Canada’s only PBS-like public-funded TV network.

    While Rice and her husband, who, as of 2010, held at least $1.5 million in the Royal Bank of Canada, see it as part of a money smart, prudent portfolio, environmentalists fighting the pipeline see it as “Canada’s most environmentally irresponsible company”.

    While Rice is busy burying Obama’s Benghazi scandal under the proverbial rug, environmental activists have been peeking under Rice’s Keystone XL pipeline one and not liking one bit what they are finding.

    “It’s really amazing that they’re considering someone for Secretary of State who has millions invested in these companies,” said Bill McKibben, a writer and founder of the activist groups 350 org and Tar Sands Action, which have organized protests against the Keystone XL project. “The State Department has been rife with collusion with the Canadian pipeline builders, and it’s really distressing to have any sense that might continue to go on.” Emails obtained by an environmental group last year showed what critics call a “cozy and complicit relationship” between State Department officials and a lobbyist for TransCanada, who was also a former deputy campaign director for current Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s failed 2008 presidential bid.”

    With propaganda dominating the news and with truth and reality almost impossible to find, a snookered society who did not cast votes for Obama, will take help even from the far left.

    The news is out: Pretend environmentalists like Rice are taking the road to riches via plum government appointments.

    Greenpeace needs a new slogan: Save the Environment from Politicians Masquerading as Saviors of the Environment’



    The project was originally developed as a partnership between TransCanada and ConocoPhillips. Certain parties who have agreed to make volume commitments to the Keystone expansion have an option to acquire up to a combined 15% equity ownership.[7] One of such companies is Valero Energy Corporation.[8]

    On August 12, 2009, TransCanada received regulatory approval to purchase ConocoPhillips’ interest in the project and is now the sole owner of the Keystone Pipeline System.

  8. Renee says:

    I loved words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
    Anne Rice


    She looks like her:


    Rice University- Houston, Texas. River Oaks in Houston, John W Mecom (Secured oil rights in Jordan with King Hussein) Also see race cars, Mecom oil wells, hotels, plastics, natural gas pipeline, chemical plant etc…


    Board of Governors


    H. Malcolm Lovett, Chairman

    Herbert Allen, Vice Chairman

    Mrs. William P. Hobby

    J. Hugh Liedtke

    Jack C. Pollard

    H. Gardiner Symonds

    James U. Teague

    Trustees Emeriti

    George R. Brown

    Daniel R. Bullard

    John S. Ivy

    William A. Kirkland

    J. Newton Rayzor

    Gus S. Wortham

    Term Members

    E. D. Butcher

    Charles W. Duncan, Jr.

    J. W. McLean

    Ralph S. O’Connor

    Haylett O’Neill, Jr.

    Harry K. Smith

    Governor Advisors

    Francis T. Fendley

    James W. Hargrove

    Howard B. Keck

    Wendel D. Ley

    Mason G. Lockwood

    John W. Mecom
    John D. Simpson, Jr.

    John R. Suman
    Milton R. Underwood
    James O. Winston, Jr.
    Benjamin N, Woodson

    River Oaks is an affluent community located in the geographic center of Houston, Texas, United States. Located within the 610 Loop and between Downtown and Uptown, the community spans 1,100 acres (450 ha).[1] Established in the 1920s by brothers William and Michael Hogg, the community became a well-publicized national model for community planning. River Oaks is one of the wealthiest communities in Texas and the United States.[2] Real estate values in the community range from $1 to over $20 million.[3] The community is home to River Oaks Country Club, which includes a golf course designed by architect Donald Ross.
    Ross was a founding member and first president of the American Society of Golf Course Architects, which was formed at Pinehurst in 1947. He was admitted to the World Golf Hall of Fame in 1977, a high honor rarely awarded for anything other than playing success.

    Ross is unmatched in the quality of courses he completed. Alister MacKenzie and A.W. Tillinghast come in close after Ross on the list of well known architects of the early 20th century.

    Ross died while completing his final design at Raleigh Country Club in North Carolina.

    Daughter: Lillian Ross*NOTE*

    Also from River Oaks, they party with royalty:

    Dad donated money to Rice University so he could attend, but he dropped out…

    John W. Mecom Sr (January 13, 1911 – October 12, 1981) was an American businessman.

    John Whitfield Mecom Sr found success as an independent oilman by acquiring abandoned oil wells and then making them profitable. He also developed new fields from Louisiana to Saudi Arabia.

    He was once ranked as one of the top oil independents; however, he filed for bankruptcy in 1970. After reorganizing his John W. Mecom Company, he reopened his company, which he subsequently ran with his son, John W. Mecom Jr., former owner of the New Orleans Saints NFL football team.

    On December 18, 1964, Mecom’s private plane was mistakenly shot down by the Egyptian air force, killing both pilot and co-pilot. While Mecom survived, the incident strained U.S.-Egypt relations, Mecom being a friend and donor of Lyndon Johnson.[1]

    In December, 1965, Mecom offered to buy the Houston Chronicle, its building, the Rice Hotel and a 35 percent interest in Texas Commerce National Bank from Houston Endowment Inc.. The offer included a down payment of one million dollars. However, Mecom was unable to raise the additional cash to complete the sale, forcing him to cancel the transaction

    Wife: Mary Elizabeth, son: John Jr.

    Gardner/ Allen;

    Princess Muna al-Hussein (born Antoinette Avril Gardiner;[1] 25 April 1941) is the mother of King Abdullah II of Jordan. Until their divorce on 21 December 1971, she was the second wife of Hussein, the late King of Jordan. She is British by birth, but was renamed Muna al-Hussein at the time of the marriage for the sake of Jordanian culture.
    *NOTE* PERCY* SUTTON (parents names)

    Help for O into Harvard U:

    William Henry Gates*


  9. Renee says:

    Steven Demetre Georgiou
    Also known as Steve Adams, Yusuf
    Born (1948-07-21) 21 July 1948 (age 64)
    Marylebone, London, England, United Kingdom
    Genres Folk rock, psychedelic rock,[1] soft rock,[1] pop rock,[1] synthpop,[2] electro,[3] nasheed, spoken word, hamd
    Occupations Singer-songwriter, musician
    Instruments Vocals, guitar, bass, mandolin, organ, piano, mellotron, double bass, percussion, synthesiser
    Years active 1966–1980 (as Cat Stevens)
    1995–present (as Yusuf Islam)
    Labels Deram, Island, A&M, Jamal, Ya
    Associated acts Alun Davies
    Website http://www.yusufislam.com
    Notable instruments
    Baldwin piano
    Epiphone Casino
    Fender Rhodes
    Fender Telecaster
    Gibson Everly Brothers Flattop
    Gibson ES-335
    Gibson J-200

    Steven Georgiou, born in Marylebone, London, England,[12] was the third child of a Greek-Cypriot father, Stavros Georgiou (b. 1900),[13] and a Swedish mother, Ingrid Wickman (b. 1915).[14] He has an older sister, Anita, and brother, David.[12] The family lived above the Moulin Rouge, a restaurant that his parents operated on the north end of Shaftesbury Avenue which was a short walk from Piccadilly Circus in the Soho theatre district of London. All family members worked in the restaurant.[12] His parents divorced when he was about 8 years old, but they continued to maintain the family restaurant and live above it.

    Although his father was Greek Orthodox and his mother a Swedish Baptist, Georgiou was sent to a Catholic school, St. Joseph Roman Catholic Primary School in Macklin Street, which was closer to his father’s business on Drury Lane.[15] Georgiou developed an interest in piano at a fairly young age, eventually using the family baby grand piano to work out the chords, since no one else there played well enough to teach him.[16] Inspired by the popularity of The Beatles, at age 15 he extended his interest to the guitar,[8] convinced his father to pay £8 for his first instrument, and began playing it and writing songs.[16] He would escape at times from his family responsibilities to the rooftop above their home, and listen to the tunes of the musicals drifting from just around the corner[12] from Denmark Street, which was then the centre of the British music industry.[8] Later, Stevens has emphasised that the advent of West Side Story in particular affected him, giving him a “different view of life”, he said in 2000, on a VH1 Behind the Music programme.[17] With interests in both art and music, he and his mother moved to Gävle, Sweden, where he attended primary school (Solängsskolan) and started developing his drawing skills after being influenced by his uncle Hugo Wickman, a painter. They subsequently returned to England.[18]

    He attended other local West End schools, where he says he was constantly in trouble, and did poorly in everything but art. He was called “the artist boy” and mentions that “I was beat up, but I was noticed”.[19] He went on to take a one-year course of study at Hammersmith School of Art,[20] as he considered a career as a cartoonist. Though he enjoyed art (his later record albums would feature his original artwork on his album covers),[19] he wanted to establish a musical career and began to perform originally under the stage name “Steve Adams” in 1965 while at Hammersmith.[20][21] At that point, his goal was to become a songwriter. Among the musicians who influenced him were Bob Dylan, Nina Simone, blues artists Lead Belly and Muddy Waters,[22] John Lennon, Biff Rose (who played on his first album), Leo Kottke,[19] and Paul Simon.[23] He also wanted to emulate composers who wrote musicals, like Ira Gershwin and Leonard Bernstein. In 1965 he signed a publishing deal with Ardmore & Beechwood and cut several demos, including “The First Cut Is the Deepest”.[24]

    [edit] Musical career (1966–1970)[edit] Early musical careerGeorgiou began to perform his songs in coffee houses and pubs. At first he tried forming a band, but soon realised he preferred performing solo.[16] Thinking that his given name might not be memorable to prospective fans, he chose a stage name Cat Stevens, in part because a girlfriend said he had eyes like a cat, but mainly because he said, “I couldn’t imagine anyone going to the record store and asking for ‘that Steven Demetre Georgiou album’. And in England, and I was sure in America, they loved animals.”[25] In 1966, at age 18, he impressed manager/producer Mike Hurst, formerly of British vocal group The Springfields, with his songs and Hurst arranged for him to record a demo and then helped him get a record deal. The first singles were hits. “I Love My Dog” charted at number 28, and “Matthew and Son”, the title song from his debut album, went to number 2.[26] “I’m Gonna Get Me a Gun” reached Britain’s Top 10, and the album Matthew and Son itself began charting. The original version of the The Tremeloes cover hit, “Here Comes My Baby”, was written and recorded by Stevens.

    “The First Cut is the Deepest” (1967)
    Sorry, your browser either has JavaScript disabled or does not have any supported player.
    You can download the clip or download a player to play the clip in your browser.
    Sample of “The First Cut is the Deepest”, performed by Cat Stevens. Appears on New Masters.

    Over the next two years, Stevens recorded and toured with an eclectic group of artists ranging from Jimi Hendrix to Engelbert Humperdinck. Stevens was considered a fresh-faced teen star, placing several single releases in the British pop music charts.[27] Some of that success was attributed to the pirate radio station Wonderful Radio London, which gained him fans by playing his records. In August 1967, he went on the air with other recording artists who had benefited from the station to mourn its closure.[28]

    His December 1967 album New Masters failed to chart in the United Kingdom. The album is now most notable for his song “The First Cut Is the Deepest”, a song he sold for £30 to P.P. Arnold that was to become a massive hit for her,[29] and an international hit for Keith Hampshire, Rod Stewart, James Morrison, and Sheryl Crow. Forty years after he recorded the first demo of the song, it earned him two back-to-back ASCAP “Songwriter of the Year” awards, in 2005 and 2006.


  10. Renee says:



    His first wife was Ella Botts Rice Hughes*

    Also see Spindletop connections*

    The firm traces its history to 1840 in the Republic of Texas, with the beginning of legal practice by founding partner Peter W. Gray. Gray represented the Allen Brothers, founders of the city of Houston. Confederate Colonel Walter Browne Botts (from Fredericksburg, Virginia) joined the firm in 1865, and it became Gray and Botts. In 1872, James Addison Baker (a.k.a. Judge Baker; 1821–1897; from Huntsville, Texas) joined the firm and the name was changed to Gray, Botts & Baker. Gray left the partnership in 1874, to join the Supreme Court of Texas, and the two remaining partners, Walter Browne Botts and James A. Baker, renamed the firm Baker & Botts. Peter Gray also died in 1874. Judge Baker’s son, also James Addison Baker (a.k.a. Captain Baker and James A. Baker, Sr.; 1857–1941) joined the firm as a clerk in 1877, a lawyer in 1881, and became partner in 1887, at which time the name became Baker, Botts and Baker.

    In 1896, Captain Baker, personal attorney for Texas millionaire William Marsh Rice (Rice became a client of Peter Gray in the 1850s), drew up a new will for Rice and was the will’s executor. In 1900, Rice was poisoned in his bed by his valet, Charles F. Jones, and his New York City lawyer, Albert T. Patrick, a sensational crime that made national headlines. Captain Baker was a key witness and helped investigate the murder after Patrick produced a will that gave him control of the 5 million dollars in 1904. Baker got the will he drew up entered as evidence in the case, and it was subsequently proved that Patrick had forged Rice’s signature on the will he submitted. The case was not settled until 1910, and by that time the estate had grown to almost 10 million dollars. When the intent of Rice’s will was finally executed, it led to the establishment of the William Marsh Rice Institute for the Advancement of Literature, Art, and Science, which is now called Rice University.[7] Captain Baker was the first chairman of the Rice Board of Trustees. Rice University has maintained ties to Baker Botts since that time.

    Jules Henri Tallichet joined the firm in 1909, bringing with him Southern Pacific Railroad, his major client at Sam R. Fisher in Austin, Texas.

    Captain Baker’s son, James Addison Baker, Jr. (1892–1973), also joined the firm in 1919 and his classmate and friend Henry Malcolm Lovett (son of the first president of Rice University, Edgar Odell Lovett) joined in 1924. Walter H. Walne served as managing parter from 1926 to 1933.

    After leaving public service, former Chief of Staff in President Ronald Reagan’s first administration and United States Secretary of State James Addison Baker, III (a.k.a. James Baker) joined the firm as a senior partner in 1993. He maintained two offices in Washington, being also affiliated as a partner at the Carlyle Group (with the title of senior counsel).[8] Prior to government service, Mr. Baker had worked for the rival Houston law firm Andrews & Kurth[9] to avoid suspicions of nepotism.[4]

    In 2000, the firm renamed itself Baker Botts.[10]

    [edit] Notable partners and employeesClaude Allen, associate employee 1991-1995[11]
    James A. Baker, Sr., joined 1881, partner 1887, grandfather of James Addison Baker, III
    James Baker, senior partner, as of 1993
    Richard C. Breeden, activist hedge fund manager and former SEC Chairman[who?]
    George W. Bush, former mail room employee[12]
    Jean Dalby Clift, former employee, 1952-1957
    Wallace Clift, former employee, 1953-1957
    Peter W. Gray, founder, partner, 1840–1874
    Joe R. Greenhill, of counsel[13]
    Robert Jordan, partner
    Robert Keeton, former employee
    Baine Kerr, partner
    Thomas R. Phillips, partner
    Lewis “Scooter” Libby, former employee

    Baker Hughes is one of the world’s largest oilfield services companies. It operates in over 90 countries, providing the oil and gas industry with products and services for drilling, formation evaluation, completion, production and reservoir consulting. Baker Hughes has its headquarters in the America Tower in the American General Center in Neartown, Houston.[2][3]

    Baker Hughes Incorporated was formed when Baker International and Hughes Tool Company merged in 1987. Baker Hughes operates worldwide with major offices in Liverpool, United Kingdom; Singapore; Dubai; a research and maintenance facility in Celle, Germany; Lafayette, Louisiana; Houston, Texas; Pescara, Italy; and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The company is administered broadly in two hemisphere: the eastern hemisphere with five regions (Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Russia/Caspian) and the western hemisphere with four regions (Canada, US Land, US Gulf, and Latin America). Each of these regions is subdivided into markets.

  11. Renee says:

    h/t Good post !

    . SAMUEL EMORY, planter (1756) + JANE COOKE

    “Samuel and Jane Cook Davis…established Rosemont Plantation.”

    Other family plantations: “Briars Plantation (Adams Co., MS), Hurricane Plantation (Warren Co., MS), Brierfield Plantation (Warren Co., MS)”

    http://www.sankofagen.com/Rosemont+Plantation .

    Their children included:

    *Jefferson Davis, Confederate President, who married President Zach Taylor’s daughter (first cousin of James Madison, 3rd cousin of Robert E Lee).

    *Mary Ellen Davis (1806)


    Jefferson Davis’s niece, Mary E Davis’s child Lucinda, married planter & lawyer Hazlewood M Farish: “one of the leading and distinguished attorneys of Mississippi”.

    Hazlewood & Mary’s son was William Stamps Farish(1). He attended the U. of Mississippi, then entered the Confederate army: Captain under Gen. Stephen D Lee.


    Post-Civil War, he first “commenced planting,” then entered U of Virginia & became a successful lawyer. His child with Kate Power was William Stamps Farish(2).


    WS Farish 1881 also went to U-Miss & got a law degree, but went to Texas after 3 months of practice to inspect the area for “an uncle in England.”

    He arrived in Beaumont TX just in time for the Spindletop oil strike, & through this connection, eventually became a president of Standard Oil & key figure in the Texas oil nexus.


    Farish married Libbie Randon Rice, grandniece of William Marsh Rice & Baker-Botts founder WB Botts & sister of Ella Botts Rice Hughes.


    Millionaire, murder victim & founder of Rice University:


    His brother’s son married Martha Botts, daughter of Baker-Botts founder. Their children married into the Howard Hughes, Farish, & Neuhaus families.


    Great-grandfather to James Baker III’s ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_A._Baker_III

    He figured prominently in the Rice murder case as partner in Rice’s legal firm, Gray & Botts, later Baker-Botts, which Baker III currently heads.



    Adelaide Lovett, daughter of the first President of Rice University, EO Lovett (U of Virginia & U of Leipzig), married a son of Captain James A Baker, Walter Brown “W” Baker, banker.

    He was named for the founder of Baker-Botts.

    Adelaide’s brother Henry was a Baker-Botts partner along with the present James A Baker III’s father.

    All of them Rice U. trustees.

    Robert Scott Lovett, a relation, first worked for Baker-Botts, then left to work for EH Harriman’s Union Pacific interests, eventually UP President.

    His son Robert was a close friend of Prescott Bush, & Truman Admin official.


    Confederate Colonel, the “Botts” in Gray-Botts & Baker-Botts, grand-master Mason of Texas.

    Peter Gray, the “Gray” in Gray-Botts, was, his relative.

    His daughter Martha Botts married William Marsh Rice’s son David. Their daughter Libbie married Wm. S. Farish(2), & their daughter Ella Botts Rice was Howard Hughes’ first wife.


    Howard Hughes’ father was also one of the folks around Spindletop, partner WB Sharp, founded Hughes Tool (legal affairs handled by Baker-Botts).

    Son Howard attended Rice U (fifedom of Botts, Bakers, Farishes & Rices), married Ella Botts Rice 1925, divorced 1929.

    His fortune was eventually inherited by the Lummis family scion Frederick Rice Lummis (Fred’s mother, Charlotte, was sister of David Rice & another grandchild of millionaire William Marsh Rice, & Fred himself married Annette Gano, Howard Hughes’ aunt.


    WS Farish’s son WS, also a Standard Oil exec, married the daughter of Gen. Robert E. Wood, “America First” founder & Montgomery Ward & Sears executive. WS Jr. died in a plane accident.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Stamps_Farish,_Jr .

    Mary Wood Farish, after her husband’s death, married his cousin Hugo Victor Neuhaus, son of Libbie Randon Rice’s sister Kate Rice Neuhaus.


    William, Jr’s sister Martha married Edward Harriman Gerry, son of EH Harriman’s daughter Cornelia & Robert Livingston Gerry.

    Gerry himself was a scion of the Livingston patroons: his mother Louise had inherited significant patroon acreage from her father, Robert J. Livingston (1811), desc. r. Livingston (1)



    On the other side, his father “Commodore” Elbridge Thomas Gerry was a lawyer, founder of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.


    Here’s one of his brothers:


    The Commodore’s parents were Thomas Russell Gerry, US Navy & VP of US, & Hannah Green Goelet, daughter of the millionaire financier Peter P. Goelet, huge NYC landowner & Dir, Bank of NY. Goelet’s wife Almy Buchanan was daughter of Thomas, “one of the richest NY merchants” of his day.

    Finally, TRG’s father was the merchant, shipper, Declaration of Independence signer & James Madison VP Elbridge Gerry (1744).




    WSF wife Sarah was the daughter of Bayard Sharp, close friend of GHW Bush:


    GW Bush donor:


    Bayard, son of Hugh Rodney Sharp & Isabelle Mathieu DuPont, sister of Irenee & Pierre, granddaughter of Eleuthere:


    Through the Sharp/Dupont connection, the Farish family owns, among other things, this Florida property:


    VI. WILLIAM STAMPS FARISH(5) (1963) + KELLY (?):


    Kelly Farish is the stepdaughter of Ogden Mills (“Dinny”) Phipps. Here’s his ancestry:

    Ruth Livingston (patroon family) + DO Mills (founder of Bank of California, now BoA)
    Grace Livingston Mills + Henry Carnegie Phipps (son of Carnegie’s partner Henry Phipps)
    Ogden Phipps + Stokes Bostwick (son of original Standard Oil partner Jabez Bostwick)

    Dinny’s son weds:


    The Farishes have seven children.


    Another society wedding:

    Von Furstenberg-Reynolds-Vincent de la Maisoneuve + William Farish Gerry (son of EH Gerry), partner Brown Brothers Harriman & Gerry Brothers.

    “http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html ?

    Yet another:

    Diane von Furstenberg (nee Halfin) married this Fiat heir:


    His mother was an Agnelli (Fiat heir).

    His stepmother was Cecilie Amelia Blaffer – descendant of yet another one of the Spindletop/Standard Oil boys, Robert Lee Blaffer: Tulane graduate, son of a “well-established New Orleans businessman” who’d come to Texas to buy coal for the Southern Pacific RR.

    He & WS Farish (1881) became partners in 1904.


    NOTE* Comments also*

    Averell Harriman connection:


    EH Harriman was son of Rev. Orlando, who married Cornelia Neilson.


    He married “Mary Williamson Averell, daughter of William J. Averell, a banker of Ogdensburg, New York, president of the Ogdensburg and Lake Champlain Railroad Company.”

    (& there’s a connection there with the Ogden Mills family, too).

    W. Averell was his son, brother to Cornelia (Gerry).


    Continuing the line, WA Harriman married:

    1. Kitty Lanier Lawrence
    2. Marie Norton Whitney, who left her husband Cornelius Vanderbilt Whitney for him
    3. Pamela Beryl Digby Churchill Hayward, the former wife of Winston Churchill’s son Randolph, and widow of Broadway producer Leland Hayward.

    Vice President, Union Pacific Railroad Co., 1915-1917
    Director, Illinois Central Railroad Co., 1915-1946
    Member, Palisades Interstate Park Commission, 1915-1954
    Chairman, Merchant Shipbuilding Corp.,1917-1925
    Chairman, W. A. Harriman & Company, 1920-1931
    Partner, Soviet Georgian Manganese Concessions, 1925-1928
    Chairman, executive committee, Illinois Central Railroad, 1931-1942
    Senior partner, Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., 1931-1946
    Chairman, Union Pacific Railroad, 1932-1946
    Co-founded Today magazine with Vincent Astor, 1935-1937 (merged with Newsweek in 1937)
    Administrator and Special Assistant, National Recovery Administration, 1934-1935
    Founded, Sun Valley Ski Resort, Idaho, 1935-1936
    Chairman, Business Advisory Council, 1937-1939
    Chief, Materials Branch & Production Division, Office of Production Management, 1941
    US Ambassador & Special Representative to the Prime Minister of Britain, 1941-1943
    Chairman, Ambassador & Special Representative of the US President’s Special Mission to the USSR, 1941-1943
    US Ambassador to the USSR, 1943-1946
    US Ambassador, Britain, 1946
    US Secretary of Commerce, 1946-1948
    United States Coordinator, European Recovery Program (Marshall Plan), 1948-1950
    Special Assistant to the US President, 1950-1952
    US Representative and Chairman, North Atlantic Commission on Defense Plans, 1951-1952
    Director, Mutual Security Agency, 1951-1953
    Candidate, Democratic nomination for US President, 1952
    Governor, State of New York, 1955-1958
    Candidate, Democratic nomination for US President, 1956
    US Ambassador-at-large, 1961
    United States Deputy Representative, International Conference on the Settlement of the Laotian, 1961-1962
    Assistant US Secretary of State, Far Eastern Affairs, 1961-1963
    Special Representative to the US President, Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, 1963
    Under US Secretary of State, Political Affairs, 1963-1965
    US Ambassador-at-large, 1965-1969
    Chairman, President’s Commission of the Observance of Human Rights Year, 1968
    Personal Representative of the US President, Peace Talks with North Vietnam, 1968-1969
    Chairman, Foreign Policy Task Force, Democratic National Committee, 1976
    Member, American Academy of Diplomacy Charter, Club of Rome, Council on Foreign Relations, Knights of Pythias, Skull and Bones Society, Psi Upsilon Fraternity and the Jupiter Island Club.

    1. SAMUEL JORDAN HARRISON (b. 1771, Queens Creek plantation, Va.) + SARAH HUDSON BURTON

    Purchased part of Thomas Jefferson’s “Popular Forest” estate, Bedford County, Va.

    2. JESSE BURTON HARRISON (b. 1805, Lynchburg, Va.) + FRANCES BRAUD (New Orleans French descent)

    Hampden-Sydney College, Va., Harvard Law, U. of Göttingen, Germany

    Visited Thomas Jefferson at Monticello and met the Marquis de Lafayette, practiced law in Lynchburg, opposed Andrew Jackson and his financial policies; delivered oration on death of James Monroe; Delegate to national Republican Party convention.

    3. BURTON NORVELL HARRISON (b. 1838, New Orleans, La.) + CONSTANCE CARY


    University of Mississippi, Yale

    Private secretary to Jefferson Davis, New York Supreme Court bar 1867, Samuel J. Tilden’s presidential campaign 1880.

    4. FRANCIS BURTON HARRISON (b. 1873, New York, N.Y.) + 1) Mary Crocker; 2)Mabel Judson Cox; 3)Elizabeth Wrentmore; 4)Margaret Wrentmore; 5)Maria Teresa

    Member, 58th Congress, 63rd Congress, 20th District of New York; Governor-general of the Philippines. Retired to estate, Teanich, in Alness, Scotland

    First wife MARY CROCKER died during their marriage. She was the niece of DARIUS OGDEN MILLS, whose descendant is step-mother of Kelly Farish, whose husband is the descendant of the sister of Jefferson Davis – who Francis Burton Harrison’s father worked for.

    Darius Ogden Mills left an estate of $60-100 million in 1910.

    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F50F14F6… .

    “Francis Burton Harrison, second son of Burton N. Harrison, formerly Secretary to Jefferson Davis, and Mrs. Burton N. Harrison, (Miss Constance Cary,) the authoress, and Miss Mary Crocker, daughter of the late Charles F. Crocker of San Francisco, grandniece of D.O. Mills, and a niece of Mrs. Charles B. Alexander and George Crocker of this city, and also a cousin of Ogden Mills and Mrs. Whitelaw Reid, were married yesterday at noon in St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Tuxedo Park, N.Y. The wedding was the most notable fashionable event of the Spring and early Summer season.”

    Francis Burton Harrison’s brother Fairfax Harrison was President of the Southern Railroad, 1913-1937.


    *NOTE* From above again*
    He & his brother ER were founding partners when Brown Brothers merged with WA Harriman & Co.

    As was at least one of the Livingstons.



    • Renee says:

      Davis ?
      Brown ?

      Brown was born in San Francisco, California, as the only son of four siblings born to Bernice Layne Brown, and District Attorney of San Francisco and later Governor of California, Edmund G. “Pat” Brown, Sr.[4] Jerry Brown is Irish through his paternal grandfather and German through his paternal grandmother.[5] He was a member of the California Cadet Corps at St. Ignatius High School, where he graduated in 1955.

      In 1955, Brown entered Santa Clara University for a year, and left to attend Sacred Heart Novitiate, a Jesuit seminary, intent on becoming a Catholic priest. However, Brown left the seminary after a year and entered University of California, Berkeley, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 1961. Brown went on to Yale Law School and graduated with a Juris Doctor in 1964.[4] After law school, Brown worked as a law clerk for California Supreme Court Justice Mathew Tobriner. Brown later went to study in Mexico and Latin America.

      Returning to California, Brown took the state bar exam and passed on his second attempt.[6] Brown then settled in Los Angeles and joined the law firm of Tuttle & Taylor. In 1969, Brown ran for the newly created Los Angeles Community College Board of Trustees, which oversaw community colleges in the city, and placed first in a field of 124.

      Spouse(s) Anne Gust
      Bernice Layne Brown *

      *Laura Lane Welch Bush*


      Furniture Brands International, Inc. is a Clayton, Missouri-based home furnishings company. Some of the brands it owns in the furniture industry include Broyhill, Lane, Thomasville, Drexel Heritage, Henredon, Hickory Chair, Pearson, Laneventure, and Maitland-Smith.

      The company began in 1911 as International Shoe Company with the merger of Roberts, Johnson & Rand Shoe Company and Peters Shoe Company. In 1966 the company changed its name to Interco as the result of diversification, and once the company exited the shoe business, adopted its current name.

      *Taylor* Johnson*

      Memorial Services Set for Tuttle & Taylor Name Partner Robert G. Taylor

      By a MetNews Staff Writer

      A memorial services have been set for Robert G. Taylor, name partner of former Los Angeles firm Tuttle & Taylor, for 2 p.m. Thursday at the California Club in Los Angeles.

      Taylor died Sept. 25 of cancer at Kindred Hospital in Los Angeles. He was 77.

      A premier transaction lawyer, Taylor specialized in agricultural cooperative deals in California and around the country.

      His client list included Sunkist Growers, Inc., an agricultural cooperative which markets California and Arizona citrus, Welch Foods of Concord, Mass., and Tri Valley Growers of San Francisco.

      For years Taylor served as managing partner of Tuttle & Taylor, a leading Los Angeles firm founded in 1941 by Edward R. Tuttle.

      The firm dissolved earlier this year, bending to the pressures of increased costs and an unfavorable economic forecast for smaller, unconsolidated firms.

      Born in Sacramento in 1923, Taylor attended Wheaton College, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard University and Stanford University, while in the U.S. Naval Reserve. graduating from Stanford in 1947. He earned his law degree from Stanford Law School two years later, achieving Order of the Coif.

      After graduation, Taylor practiced for a short time at Crimmins, Kent, Draper & Bradley in San Francisco before joining Tuttle in 1951.

      Taylor became a partner in 1953 and by 1954 the firm’s name had changed to include Taylor.

      Taylor is survived by his wife, Margaret, and his daughter Debra A. Taylor, both of Los Angeles, and sisters, Harriet Tallmadge of Illinois and Ethel Carlson of Pennsylvania.

      The family suggests donations be made either to the American Cancer Society or to charities that help families of victims of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

      The California Club is located at 538 S. Flower Street, Los Angeles.

  12. Renee says:


    *Some of the brands it owns in the furniture industry include Broyhill, Lane, Thomasville, Drexel Heritage, Henredon, Hickory Chair, Pearson, Laneventure, and Maitland-Smith.

    The company began in 1911 as International Shoe Company with the merger of Roberts, Johnson & Rand Shoe Company and Peters Shoe Company.



  13. Renee says:

    Johnson/ Addison/ Clark

    The Town of Addison is located in an area once called Peters Colony. It was settled as early as 1846 when Preston Witt built a house on White Rock Creek. The area was not known as Addison until 1902. Addison was named after Addison Robertson, who served as the community’s second postmaster from 1908-1916. In 1902, the first industry was introduced to Addison when a cotton gin was built on Addison Road, near the railroad, by the Pistole brothers. It became the Plano Cotton Oil Mill in 1904 and the Farmers Gin of Addison in 1919.

    Addison was named after Addison Robertson, who served as the community’s second postmaster from 1908-1916.Located on Belt Line Road is the Addison School Building which was built in 1914. In 1954, the school was annexed and became a part of the Dallas Independent School District. The school, which was closed in 1964, now serves as the Addison Magic Time Machine Restaurant.

    The City of Addison was incorporated on June 15, 1953, under an alder-manic form of government and was changed to the “Town of Addison” in 1982. Addison’s first Mayor was M.W. Morris and the aldermen were Guy Dennis, Robert W. Wood, J.E. Julian, Jr., Dr. H.T. Nesbit and Seldon Knowles.


  14. Renee says:

    Soundex Code for Addison = A325
    Other surnames sharing this Soundex Code:
    Soundex Code for Edison = E325
    Other surnames sharing this Soundex Code:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s